A little bit about me

I am an elementary education major at the University of South Alabama. I originally was not an education major but after some searching I found that this was my calling. I want to help students strive to reach their dreams. After graduating I would like to teach in a low income housing area, that is where I have wanted to teach since I became an education major.

I plan to bring out the best in my students

As a teacher it is our job to bring out the best in our students. We also play a big part in molding the minds of our students. I plan to bring out the best in my students by buidling them up and pulling out their strengths. If I notice that one of my students are struggling in a particular area I am going to try to figure out a way to help them learn in a way that they can. I plan to use the things I have learned in class to keep their interest and use to help them in areas they are as strong in. An good example is the timetoast we had to use to make an outline. I can use this for all of my students but also use it for a student who might be struggling with remembering dates or something else they have to learn. It is a way for them to have to do research which will help them remember it and then have to put the dates in order so this will be reiniforcement of what they have learned.