A little bit about me

I am an elementary education major at the University of South Alabama. I originally was not an education major but after some searching I found that this was my calling. I want to help students strive to reach their dreams. After graduating I would like to teach in a low income housing area, that is where I have wanted to teach since I became an education major.

Reasons I want to become a Teacher

I was not orginally an education major, I was a psychology major and decided that something was missing. I went into education because I want to help kids as a whole reach their highest potential. I work at Strickland Youth Center and have for about three years now and that played a big part in me wanting to become a teacher. I watch kids come in and out that place with no direction in what they want to do or where they plan to be in three years better yet ten years. It really made me think hard and that was when I decided to change my major and become an education major. I am an elementary education major. I chose to teach elementary school because I think that is when kids decide whether or not they want to do something with their life. I also love to learn and I know that with teaching I will learn something new every day whether it be learning something new about my students or my students teaching me something.