A little bit about me

I am an elementary education major at the University of South Alabama. I originally was not an education major but after some searching I found that this was my calling. I want to help students strive to reach their dreams. After graduating I would like to teach in a low income housing area, that is where I have wanted to teach since I became an education major.

The environment I plan to have in my classroom

For me I think a relaxed but not to relaxed environment in my classroom is best. I want the students to know that I expect the best out of them but also to want to come into my classroom. I do not want them to dread coming to school because they do not want to be in my class. I will hold high standards for my students and let them know upfront I expect their absolute best. Telling them I expect the best from them will let them know that I care and that I am willing to help them reach their highest potential. I am a very laid back type of person so I will not have a stressful classroom because I think a relaxed one with structure will reach my students best. I want them to feel like they can form a bond with me. I think forming a bond with all your students is the answer to helping them. Like I have stated before because if you cannot relate to your students then they will be less likely to reach out to you when they need help.