A little bit about me

I am an elementary education major at the University of South Alabama. I originally was not an education major but after some searching I found that this was my calling. I want to help students strive to reach their dreams. After graduating I would like to teach in a low income housing area, that is where I have wanted to teach since I became an education major.

How I plan to keep my students involved

Keeping students interested in the classroom is a big problem with education today. The biggest issue in my opinion is the fact the students are not interested in school. So I have decided to incorporate other ways to keep their attention. Kids today are so interested in technology and using it in any way they can and also they are interested in learning about their culture and other cultures. So I hope that I can incorporate these two things in particular so help keep students interested in learning.